Vincent Reynaert will be presenting a paper entitled The Effect of Rhythm in Mid-air Gestures on the User Experience in Virtual Reality at INTERACT 2021.
Vincent Reynaert and Florent Berthaut presented papers at the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME 2021).
Fatma Ben Guefrech presented the paper on "Revealable Volume Displays" at IEEE Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces. The paper also received a honorable mention.
And here is the supporting video
The team will be presenting two papers at the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression :
- "The Effect of Control-Display Ratio on User Experience in Immersive Virtual Musical Instruments"
- "Musical Exploration of Volumetric Textures in Mixed and Virtual Reality".
More details soon !
The team will be presenting a paper at IEEE Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces 2021 entitled : "Reveable Volume Displays : 3D Exploration of Mixed-Reality Public Exhibitions. More details soon !
Congratulations to two of our PhD students Olivier Capra and Cagan Arslan who defended their thesis on the following subjects :
- Olivier Capra : The experience of spectators of digital interactions : Benefits of visual augmentations and the role of attributed agency in electronic music performances
- Cagan Arslan : Doing more without more : Data fusion in Human Computer Interaction
Members of MINT will be presenting recent research at the New Interfaces for Musical Expression Conference 2020.
It should have taken place in Birmingham, UK, but is finally organised as a virtual online-only conference : https://nime2020.bcu.ac.uk/
The papers are :
- All You Need Is LOD : Levels of Detail in Visual Augmentations for the Audience. Olivier Capra, Florent Berthaut, Laurent Grisoni
- A Taxonomy of Spectator Experience Augmentation Techniques. Olivier Capra, Florent Berthaut, Laurent Grisoni
- Adapting & Openness: Dynamics of Collaboration Interfaces for Heterogeneous Digital Orchestras. Florent Berthaut, Luke Dahl
A workshop will also be organised by Florent Berthaut and his colleague Luke Dahl from the University of Virginia, USA, on the bf-pd musical collaboration framework and interface : http://bf-collab.net/